Printer name conflict with user home folder

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Sep 28 13:03:07 GMT 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Moe Hans wrote:

> Hi ,
>

>     We are using SAMBA on our all Unix server. We have a problem when a
> user has same name as a printer he is not able to map his home folder. Is
> there any way we can fix this problem without name changing.

The simplest solution that comes to my mind instantly is to cut out
the [homes] section and create other named [home] or something
similiar. Then use 'path = /home/%U' to make homedirs available in
this way.
Seems quite easy, so I'm not sure whether it's what you have asked.

I guess better place to ask such question is samba at lists.samba.org

> Moe Hans

cheers,

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /