libintl

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Thu Sep 27 18:33:03 GMT 2001

> So the solution is to put the I18N-SUPPORT-ALL target somewhere
> where it is reachable by all individual programs.  The problem is
> that there doesn't seem to be a good place to do this.  )-:

yes, I want to look at this when I get back from the AUUG conference
(I'm sitting in a talk on X at the moment).

Right now I'm inclined to redo the build of the intl stuff to get rid
of the makefiles in subdirectories - instead using the same structure
we use for everything else in Samba. I haven't tried to do this yet
though, so I'm not sure how practical it is.

One nice thing would be to put the intl specific configure.in stuff in
source/tests/ where we stick the other complex tests. Again, I haven't
tried doing this yet so it may be impractical for some reason.

Monyo, do you think that is practical?

Cheers, Tridge