Winbind on Samba 2.2.2-pre

leif.klepp at starcut.com leif.klepp at starcut.com
Thu Sep 20 11:58:10 GMT 2001

John wrote:

> Is winbindd running?

Yep, and claims to have identified the DC for both my PDC and
the domain itself. Also, it has some handles, but not the sam
handle iirc. (I'm at home now, and didn't bring a log-file, so
don't recall the exact debug-messages)

> as root:
> # ps -ae | grep winbind
>
> Otherwise, start up winbindd:
>
> as root:
> # /usr/local/samba/bin/winbindd
>

> # getent passwd
>
> (should show new users from domain)

but does not.. :( debug messages shows that it connects to
the pipe and talks to (or at least sends the request) to
the PDC, but then an error occur (or something) or the list
is empty.

Which version do you run? Mine is 2.2.2-pre downloaded from
CVS around 1000-1100 GMT+2 .. would you have any way of
providing a tar'ed source tree that I could test?
Did you use the same config options I did? (see first mail
in thread.)

> On 20-Sep-2001 leif.klepp at starcut.com wrote:
> >
> > [snip]

just don't get why it is capable of resolving individual
user names to SIDs, but not retrieve the list of users/groups..

Thanks for all help/advice, to all members who've commented
on my problem..

BR,
/Lefa