DHCP discovery of WINS servers

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sun Sep 2 01:36:05 GMT 2001

I've been thinkg about this, and there are a few other issues:
 - we now have the start of wins fail-over support, so we now cope with
multiple wins servers (in HEAD, where I would apply such a patch).
 - we don't want to be doing a dhcp operation for *every* client
operation.  While its fine to do it each time the server starts, doing
it every time a client (like smbclient) starts could be a little
overkill.
 - what if our request is lost?  UDP is lossy, should we at least make
some attempt to send a second request?

Other than that the patch looks good, but I'm a little snowed under at
the moment.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Samba Team member, Build Farm maintainer        abartlet at samba.org