is samba LinuxVirtualServer-able?

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Fri Oct 26 10:53:12 GMT 2001

Ryan Fox wrote:

> Thanks for your work on LVS.  I've read your howto many times :),

and you're still sane :)

> http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/msdfs_setup.html

Let me go find out about dfs first.

> This sounds to me like it would allow clients to survive a failed load
> balancer fairly well (at least without requiring a reboot), and realserver
> failures would be compensated for by using dfs.

OK. I presume the function of being domain controller isn't terribly statefull?
All you do it login with a passwd? I assume if you did a bad disconnect
previously there might be problems (barfing rodents I believe, from Chris)

> that I don't see, I hope it gives the samba people a better idea of what LVS
> does and the LVS people a better idea of what samba does.

I'm glad to find an LVS person on this list so soon.

Thanks Joe
mailto:mack.joseph at epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA