Samba net command

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 18 09:58:03 GMT 2001

Brian,
The first round (which should be in the HEAD branch sometime today or
tomorrow) will do only RAP calls (so all calls OS/2 should work, as well as
NT, but not all calls on Win2K or Samba, where more is done via RPC, which
will be added later to the command).  It will have the ability to do:
-Session list and delete
-Open file list and close
-User list, add, and delete
-Group list, add, delete, add member, delete member, get member
-share list, add, and delete
-printq list, delete job
-server list
-domain list

This was originally Steve French's idea (see cc: address above), and he's
more familiar with OS/2, so Steve, can you answer the questions about OS/2
net admin functionality?

Jim

----------------------------
Jim McDonough