ADS/kerberos in smbclient

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue Oct 9 23:11:02 GMT 2001

This is just to let anyone else who may be working on this that I've
just successfully made a smbclient connection to a W2K DC using
kerberos authenticaion with a W2K KDC.

Once I get the code into less of a "hack it and see" state I will be
committing this to the head branch. Right now it's extremely messy,
especially my asn1/spnego code. I'll probably commit tomorrow or
Friday.

After this I'll start adding the same support into smbd (that
shouldn't be too hard now we have the client side working) and also
look at NTLMSSP which uses the same basic SPNEGO/CAP_EXTENDED_SECURITY
encapsulation (although quite different message exchanges).

For those who don't know, this is one of the key pieces of getting
Samba to operate correctly as a member server in a pure active
directory environment. There is still lots more to do, but at least we
are making progress.

Cheers, Tridge