Helping to debug rpc issues

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Nov 28 11:39:04 GMT 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:11:57AM -0000, Nombre wrote:
> Ok, this weekend I have to stay at the office...
> If you tell us what to look for, we ll do it, even if it takes 2 full days...
> We have a samba 2.2.2 PDC also, so we have everything needed for the
> comparison...
> I ll be happy to make this nasty bug go away...

It's *hard*. You need to get the user list from Win9x against
a W2K server, then do the same against a Samba server, then
stare at the packets *really intently*. All of them. Something
then jumps out.... My current guess is with either the tconX of
the IPC$ share or the SMBtrans packet.

It can take much longer than 2 days (one of these once took me
2 *weeks* to spot).

Sorry,

	Jeremy.