Properly stopping samba

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Tue Nov 20 05:02:08 GMT 2001

I have noticed that since the move to the 2.2.X branch of samba
that it takes a considerably longer time to stop samba. I believe that
this is the side effect of the processes each trying to clean the locking
database, and what ever else gets cleaned on close. This is just a
hypothesis that I have. I just wanted to know if what I am seeing is
indeed the side effect of the cleaning going on at close. Also when I stop
samba is there a way to do so that doesn't trigger all of the processes to
attempt to do this clean, if that is indeed what is happening?

                                                                Joe

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                College Box 499
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343