Redundant Samba Servers

Suman Sai saisuman at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:45:04 GMT 2001

Dear All:

I have three Linux computers on my network, all having the same content.
These things serve some very important shares, so I want to be dead sure
that they are always up. But I don't want users to connect to a different
name each time. If one samba server goes down, the user should be able to
connect to another one with the same name.

So is it possible to have multiple Samba servers with the same name, for
redundancy? In case one fails, the user connects again using the same name,
and he's back in business.

Or rather, is there any other way of doing this?

-Regards,
Suman.