More on quotas

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 28 18:44:36 GMT 2001

Jim McDonough wrote:
>NT and 2K do not take care of deleting the old file.  If the server is NT
>instead of samba, it issues a zero-byte write at the end of the file to
>test if there is enough room.  This fails, and then it uses a trans2 set
>file info to cause a delete on close.

Another piece of this that I didn't notice earlier.  Even though NT never
issues the zero-byte write to the samba server, it does issue the trans2
set file info to set the file disposition to delete on close, but access it
denied by the samba server.  I'm looking into this now.

Jim

Jim McDonough
Linux Technology Center
IBM Boulder