Speaking of Oplock's

John Kimberly jkimb at kimberlyconsulting.com
Thu Jun 7 19:59:03 GMT 2001

I have been having a terrible time with oplocks and Windows ME.  I am
running RH 7.1 and upgraded to 2.0.8.  I have finally "hacked" oplocks out
of them Windows ME registery just to keep them from crashing, but now they
are really slow.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how to configure
samba to support this "new and improved" version of Windows??

John