solaris acl support for SAMBA_2_2

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon Feb 19 18:37:54 GMT 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 01:00:36PM -0500, John Trostel wrote:
> I am using this as a template to add in support for the SGI/XFS ACL
> support.  It mirrors what I was working towards also.
>
> Does this make sense?

Probably. Are you doing this on IRIX or on Linux ? If on Linux,
can you please contact Andreas Gruenbacher <ag at moses.parsec.at>
who is doing the ACL on Linux code used as a basis for the Liinux ACL code
in Samba.

He has a new draft of an extended attribute API for Linux that
if you're working with the SGI/XFS on Linux port you should
probably coordinate - as I know XFS has extended attributes
and I don't want two API's to do the same thing on Linux.

I'm CC:ing all the related lists and people involved, so we
can coordinate everything.

> P.S.  I may have a few questions regarding your implementation ;-

Call my cell at (408) 621 7070 US Pacfic time (I'm working from home today).

> P.P.S.  This is getting FUN!

Indeed. Samba has *always* been fun :-).

Jeremy.