Printing trouble with 2.2.0alpha2

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Thu Feb 15 08:14:32 GMT 2001

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the access mode was right. I have tried
to print with

odenbach at woozle[~]>>smbclient \\\\wizzle\\ramirez -P
Password:
Domain=[HNIRB] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.0-alpha2]
smb: \> print password1.ps
putting file password1.ps as password1.ps (92.4874 kb/s) (average 92.4874
kb/s)
smb: \> quit

and it worked! I found the matching line in the logfile where the print
command is invoked. But printing from the windows box still does not run.

I have made a level 10 logfile from both tries to be able to compare both
attempts. It is available from

  http://wwwhni.upb.de/~odenbach/log.smbd.gz

If anyone had the time to have a quick look at it and could tell me what
to do, that would be great.

Thanks,

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach