Samba 3.0 alpha5 - winbindd is caching

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Wed Dec 12 17:46:03 GMT 2001

> Is there any way to just get the updates from the PDC?

with ADS that is possible, but not with RPC as far as I know.

Even with ADS it's hard to get a list of users that have been
deleted. You can easily ask "give me all records that have been
modified since the following sequence number" but I can't see how to
ask "tell me what records have been removed".

All I can think is that we could re-fetch the info in the background
so winbindd doesn't stall while fetching a huge user list. I can see a
couple of ways of doing this if need be.

Cheers, Tridge