tdb overkill ?

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Dec 5 04:49:02 GMT 2001

David Brodbeck wrote:

> Are they really?  A text file can be edited by both automated tools and by
> humans.  I worry a little about going in the direction of having opaque
> structures like the Windows Registry, that you can't fix by hand when they
> get corrupt...

	As long as there is a load/dump utility, you can
	live with binary data structures.   If not,
	the author will reconsider after the first disk
	crash.

	Except, of course,  at PC/Windows companies, where
	the authors never actually use their own programs:
	those ones tend to suffer from more than just
	binary data, though (;-))

Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com