(Fwd) Re: RFC: passdb redesign

Ludolf Holzheid LHolzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Fri Nov 10 21:43:50 GMT 2000

I replyed to the wrong address - sorry, Tim.

From:           	Ludolf Holzheid <LHolzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de>
To:             	samba-technical-admin at lists.samba.org
Subject:        	Re: RFC: passdb redesign
Date sent:      	Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:04:23 +0100

On 11 Nov 2000, at 5:03, Tim Potter wrote:

> You could keep lists of pointers and try fetching/setting user
> information using each module in turn.  Adding users might get a
> bit complicated. (-:

As far as I understood, only 2 backends are needed, one for normal
operation (as 'authoritative' db) and one for migration (as rwite-
only backup db).

Why don't you compile two versions of each backend, one for each
purpose, with the interface functions of the migration backend
redefined, e.g.

#if MIGRATION
#	define pdb_add_sam_account mpdb_add_sam_account
#endif

This way, you get two seperate name spaces for authoritative and
migration backend.

Ludolf