tng and shared libs

Michael Ju. Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Mar 1 21:51:01 GMT 2000

Tim Potter wrote:

> Jean Francois Micouleau writes:
>
> > I'm required to run make install and use /usr/local/samba/bin/rpcclient
> > instead. why ?
> > I want to compile and run the binaries in the build directory.
>
> Try $SAMBA_SRC/bin/.libs/rpcclient which is the non shell-script
> version (i.e dynamically linked) of rpcclient.  Also useful for
> running gdb on.  (-:

But do not forget to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to place where libraries
was _built_, e.g.
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/lib/.libs:`pwd`/smblib/.libs bin/.libs/rpcclient
or you risk that it crashes, as it will find (if it will!) .so's from
previous _installation_, e.g. in /usr/lib, but those probably not that
needed...  This is what exactly do wrappers in bin, e.g. bin/rpcclient

Regards,
  Michael.