SIG 11 error in V2.0.6 on S.u.S.E. Linux 6.3

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Jan 27 09:04:22 GMT 2000

don't use "." in netbios names, _particularly_ in the "password server"
parameter.  you had better have a NetBIOS name of nttowi01 for your PDC.

i got caught out by this by specifying "password server = 208.21.2.93"
once, and wondered why i was getting NetBIOS lookups for "208"....

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Meile Andreas wrote:

> Dear Nelson
>
> thanks for the hint. Note that I'm using a *empty* smbpasswd file because I
> delegate the authentification process to our Win NT domain controller. Look
> at my smb.conf:
>
> [global]
>    workgroup = TONILAN
>    guest account = nobody
>    keep alive = 30
>    os level = 2
>    server string = Linux-Server Leonardo-Entwicklerteam
> ;   security = user
>
> ; Uncomment the following, if you want to use an existing
> ; NT-Server to authenticate users, but don't forget that
> ; you also have to create them locally!!!
>   security = server
>   password server = nttowi01.onsite.ch
>   encrypt passwords = no
>
>    printing = bsd
>    printcap name = /etc/printcap
>    load printers = yes
>
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
>
>    map to guest = Bad User
>
> ; Uncomment this, if you want to integrate your server
> ; into an existing net e.g. with NT-WS to prevent nettraffic
> ;  local master = no
>
> ; Please uncomment the following entry and replace the
> ; ip number and netmask with the correct numbers for
> ; your ethernet interface.
> ;   interfaces = 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0
>
> ; If you want Samba to act as a wins server, please set
> ; 'wins support = yes'
>    wins support = no
>
> ; If you want Samba to use an existing wins server,
> ; please uncomment the following line and replace
> ; the dummy with the wins server's ip number.
>    wins server = nttowi01.onsite.ch
>
> ; Do you wan't samba to act as a logon-server for
> ; your windows 95/98 clients, so uncomment the
> ; following:
> ;   logon script =%U.bat
> ;   domain logons = yes
> ;   domain master = yes
> ; [netlogon]
> ;   path = /netlogon
>

> [homes]
>    comment = Heimatverzeichnis
>    browseable = no
>    read only = no
>    create mode = 0755
>
> [WEBSERV]
>    path=/usr/local/httpd/htdocs
>    comment = Apache Webserver
>    browseable = yes
>    read only = no
>    create mode = 0775
>
> ; The following share gives all users access to the Server's CD drive,
> ; assuming it is mounted under /cd. To enable this share, please remove
> ; the semicolons before the lines
> ;
> ; [cdrom]
> ;   comment = Linux CD-ROM
> ;   path = /cd
> ;   read only = yes
> ;   locking = no
>
> [printers]
>    comment = All Printers
>    browseable = no
>    printable = yes
>    public = no
> [...]

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals