Profiles and Samba and logon path etc

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jan 14 07:04:03 GMT 2000

Hi,

Well, I have now traced a Win95 login to an NT PDC, and I see similar
results, except that NT uses UNICODE.

That is, Win95 does a NetUserGetInfo to retrieve info, and it dumps the
profile in the home directory, despite my having set the profile path to
\\Server\user\profile ... in User Manager for Domains.

Thus, I think it is going to be hard for Samba to support arbitrary profile
paths via the logon path parameter ...

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course