Ethernet Errors - One Direction Only

Stephen Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Thu Jan 6 16:13:41 GMT 2000

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, John wrote:

> (c) I looked in my /proc/sys/net/ipv4 and couldn't find anything related
> (in english) to mtu.

> Does anybody know how to correctly tweak the variables in the tulip driver?
>  There are some comments about user settings and I have tweaked a couple,
> but have now put them back to the defaults where they were.

MTU is set using the ifconfig command, e.g.: /sbin/ifconfig eth0 mtu 4242

> BTW, the tulip driver that came with 2.2.13 Kernel (From kernel.org, not a
> distro) etc, did not work.  Used the tulip from the install disk provided
> by Linksys.

The ethernet drivers that ship with the kernel tend to be out of date.  For
whatever reason (probably stability concerns), the kernel team is always a
little slow to integrate Donald Becker's newest toys. :)

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer