talloc()

Andrew Tridgell tridge at linuxcare.com
Tue Jan 4 11:43:37 GMT 2000

> andrew, it would be _extremely_ good if you could write one of these.  the
> problem with memory allocation in dce/rpc is this:

ok, thanks for letting me know, I'll make sure it is useful for that
sort of thing as well.

> if you can create a talloc(MEMORY_STORE *store, size_t size),and provide
> MEMORY_STORE *init_talloc(), free_talloc(MEMORY_STORE *store) as
> base-level functions, then i can use it to trash locally-malloced memory
> on a per-function call basis, without having to worry about memory leaks
> and per-msrpc-function-call specific freeing routines.

yep, thats basically what I had in mind, exccept that I was going to
have a couple of global memory stores for specific purposes, not
associated with a particular object. These would get freed up in the
main idle loops.