SAMBA_TNG status report and design discussion.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Jan 2 05:40:51 GMT 2000

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at samba.org>

> which brings me on to _another_ alternative implementation that andrew and
> i were discussing three weeks ago, which would be to have
> srv_net_share_enum() and srv_net_srv_get_info() as dynamically loadable
> so functions, and they get loaded up inside smbd
>
> comments, anyone?

With the assumption that I get the VMS port up to speed, please put the
routines that do the dynamic load of a module in separate files?

Open VMS supports dynamic loading of modules, but I will have to use a VMS
specific library call to implement.

With a separate file, I can just substitute a VMS specific file in the
build, so no #ifdef __VMS blocks are needed.

-John
WB8TYW at QSL.NET