First pass at an smbclient library committed ...

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Dec 26 06:12:19 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have just committed the first pass of the smb client library stuff,
libsmbclient.so, to the head branch, AFAICT.

This code has only be built on Linux, so I don't know about any other
operating system, and I cannot test other OSes for a while yet.

The code is not built automatically, you have to:

  make client/testsmbc

which will build the library and the test program.

Some further changes to come are:

1. Read in smb.conf info from $USER/.smb/smbc.conf if it exists
2. code the directory handling routines
3. Add print job routines
4. Add Makefile.in changes to allow installing the library in the
   correct target location and to build smbclient.h and copy it to the
   correct location as well.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com