not very impressed.

betterformat betterformat at astea.com.au
Wed Sep 29 03:51:40 GMT 1999

Jerry,

> Sometimes questions fall in to the black hole.
> One of those mysteries of mail lists.  Everyone
> thinks someone else will answer.

fair enough..... I suppose it's always a balance, you
want peoples opinion, but you don't want to be a
pest.

> Yes.  It does help a little.  I think you might have
> better luck with gcc rather than the HPUX compiler
> (cc).  Since that is what is used for development, it gets
> the most testing.  However, commercial compilers
> are tested when they are available such as SGI and
> Solaris.

hmm.... didn't think of that, I will download the gcc compiler,
I remember reading about it, but in reference to not having
a compiler rather than better compatibility.....

> I seem to remember something about HPUX.  Usually
> does produce problems.

doesn't surprise me --- even though HP-UX is pretty stable.

> Well considering I try to keep an eye on about 4
> of them, maybe it just seems really busy.  Try the
> samba at samba.org list and see if someone pops and answer
> for you.

I figured that may be why you see so much traffic.....
I will try the above if gcc doesn't work out.....

> Sorry 'bout that.  Let me know how things go.

no stress, and I certainly will.

Leo