Samba and Quota (Linux)

Celso Kopp Webber webber at sj.univali.br
Wed Oct 13 15:56:01 GMT 1999

Hello all,

I do not like to say "oh, this happens to me too!", but I have exactly the
same behaviour Andreas Abach describes.

Whenever a Windows client tries to
write a file that goes beyond his/her hard limit quota, the file seems to be
created with the correct size, but it gets truncated on the server's
filesystem.

I have also another situation here concerning quotas: every client maps its
home directory to a single server. But some users have their home dir on an
NFS mounted directory. Although a "quota -u login" reports his quota
correctly on the NFS server, Samba does report the whole NFS mounted file
system size and user space.

Thanks for your support,

Celso.

--
Prof. Celso Kopp Webber
mailto:webber at sj.univali.br

Universidade do Vale do Itajai' - UNIVALI
Campus Sao Jose - Sao Jose, SC
Administracao de Redes    (Network Admin)
Rod. SC 407, Km. 4
88122-000                     Sao Jose-SC
Brazil

Fone: +55 (48) 281-1505
Fax:  +55 (48) 281-1506