Needs help with File Permissions on NT

Edan Idzerda edan at mtu.edu
Wed Nov 24 05:04:12 GMT 1999

> on Solaris they have 701 on their homedirs
> drwx-----x  on /home/myhomedir.
>
> Can someone please help regrading it. We don't want student to change permission on their home directories so how to get rid of security tab in new version of samba.

Do you mean that you don't want them to change it accidentally
through NT or you don't want them to change it at all?

[homes]
  postexec = chmod 701 %H

would do the trick if you just want to enforce it via Samba.
I think that--sometimes--a hack is an "industry best practice."
Or "the simplest answer is sometimes the best."

:)

- edan