Win95 client sending Null user and password

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sat Nov 6 15:29:46 GMT 1999

Hi,

I am seeing some funny things with Win95 and Samba 2.0.6pre2

If I have a virtual server config, my Win95 client seems to send a
SessSetupandX with a null username and password, while if I do not have a
virtual server setup, my Win95 client sends the logged on user and password
in the SessSetupAndX.

However, I cannot see anything in the NetProt response that would tell the
client what type of server it was.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course