permissions/ownership

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Mon Jun 28 21:55:59 GMT 1999

[ to Dave ]

Just be careful that your users understand the behavior in 2.0.4b when
modifying permissions, else they may have some nasty suprises (like I did).
If the user makes any changes to the permissions of a file, Samba will
silently strip or add mode bits to match the umask (create mask) and force
mode, and drop suid/sgid/sticky bits too.

2.0.5 should have "less suprising" behavior.