out of file structures

Andy Bakun abakun at reac.com
Wed Jun 9 16:48:24 GMT 1999

I'm currently in the process of cleaning up after an ex-employee, and part
of this is to copy a lot of cdroms to our fileserver.  In the middle of
copying some of the larger ones, I get a "network error" from NT, and this
in samba's log:

[1999/06/09 11:38:19, 0] smbd/files.c:file_new(85)
  ERROR! Out of file structures

After this, samba just stops responding, and I have to kill the process to
recover my session and continue to use the server.  The most recent copy it
failed on was copying 601 files spread over 135 directories, totaling about
655650k.  Any ideas, suggestions?

Andy.