generic ACL interface (RFC)

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Tue Jul 27 21:25:50 GMT 1999

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Cole, Timothy D. wrote:

> typedef struct acl_entry_info {
> 	ACL_ENTRY_TYPE type;
> 	int32 flags;
> 	uid_t user_id;
> 	DOM_SID user_sid;
> 	gid_t group_id;
> 	DOM_SID group_sid;
> 	struct {
> 		int32 allow;
> 		int32 deny;
> 	} perms;
> } ACL_ENTRY;

why do you want to mix uid/gid and sid in the ACL_ENTRY ? If the structure
is representing the POSIX theorical view, only Unix informations should be
in. And some rid<->uid/gid functions already exist in samba.

> /* what should the return values mean here? */
> extern int get_acl(files_struct *fsp, ACL_ENTRY **entries, int *n_entries);
> extern int set_acl(files_struct *fsp, const ACL_ENTRY *entries, int
> n_entries);
> extern void free_acl(files_struct *fsp, ACL_ENTRY *entries);

why ACL_ENTRY directly ? How do you know the file owner with only
ACL_ENTRY ? I would go one step further and define:

typedef struct acl {
	uid_t owner_uid;
	gid_t owner_gid;
	ACL_ENTRY **entries;
} ACL;

that would be closer to what is at least in HPUX.

	Jean Francois
(who should better find the mem leaks in the spoolss code)