Samba Server Problems

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 19 23:23:33 GMT 1999

Dan Christopherson writes:

> The first thing I'd check is if the Win 98 box is trying to use the
> NetBEUI protocol to access SMB services, rather than NetBIOS over
> TCP/IP.
> That will cause the symptoms you're seeing. Generally, just to avoid
> problems, I go into the control panel on Windows machines and remove
> NetBEUI completely. I believe there is a way to set priorities, but
> I haven't done that personally.

Re-ordering the binding of protocols to network adapters in the
control panel will do this.  Move the most used protocols higher in
the list.

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer              "Disco Stu doesn't advertise"
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,