How come failed authentications aren't ....

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu Feb 25 17:12:44 GMT 1999

I'd rather see something that works with the current DEBUG system.  DEBUG
also writes to syslog, if enabled by the sysadmin.  Adding the patch
described below does add some usefull functionality, at the expense of
having to manage yet another log output mechanism.

There is code with Samba 2.0.x that can convert DEBUG output into HTML.
My next goal with this (when I have time, which isn't right now I'm
'fraid) is to integrate this with Swat and add some filtering and sorting
capabilities.

Don't get me wrong, though.  I've had my share of complaints with the
DEBUG system and other Samba mechanisms.  The importance of working
within the system to change it has been made clear to me.  ;)

Chris -)-----