anyone else seen a memory leak in 2.0.3?

Andy Bakun abakun at reac.com
Tue Apr 20 15:12:25 GMT 1999

I have one WinNT 4 Server SP4 on my network that is used as our print
server.  This machine is a domain member, but it is usually not logged on
to the domain, but rather as the local Administrator account.  The smbd
process associated with it on my Samba 2.0.3 PDC continues to grow,
sometimes over the weekend getting up to 200+ megs (I track down which
client is connected to the large smbd process using /proc/pid/fd and
/proc/net/tcp, join on inode numbers).  I'm in the middle of collecting
more information on this, but has anyone else seen something like this? I
can reproduce it by keeping a domain member computer logged on as a local
account -- eventually, the process grows to an extremely large size.  I
figure it's gotta be a leak in some kind of security related code (perhaps
account enumeration) because that's the only way this machine accesses the
samba PDC -- to get user information for print jobs.

Andy.