CVS HEAD 1999-04-06 Compile Errors

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Tue Apr 6 23:24:25 GMT 1999

Florian Laws writes:

> I'm somewhat puzzled, as __ERROR__XX__NEVER_USE_STRCAT___ is never referenced
> nor declared in the file. A quick grep throug all sources didn't find it
> anywhere.

Look in include/includes.h starting from line 585.  Various string
related routines (such as strcat, strcpy, sprintf) have been disabled
(using cpp #defines) to prevent security holes from buffer overruns
springing up.

Try replacing the strcat() calls with pstrcat(), although this might
introduce some truncation errors depending on the length of the
strings being operated on.

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer, Head Bee Guy
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,