Print Queue displays

Matt Chapman m.chapman at student.unsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 6 01:56:55 GMT 1999

Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> Anyway, any solution we implement should NOT examine the datastream.
> Windows usually knows how many pages it plans to print before it does
> so--we need to find the IOCTL(?) that represents this and trace its
> behavior.

Hmmm... I think that's what I promised to fix before!

Windows clients send an undocumented IOCTL to retrieve job information
from the server. If that succeeds then it follows this up with a set
job info RAP call specifying job description and I think maybe number
of pages, don't remember exactly now.

Will have another look at it this afternoon.

	Matt

--
Matt Chapman
m.chapman at student.unsw.edu.au