Please, PLEASE, remove the BASEDIR from Makefile

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Mon Nov 30 13:17:21 GMT 1998

> I want the private directory to retain it's current location. Moving
> it will cause the same sorts of problems as smbd/nmbd.

I don't suggest changing the _default_ ($(prefix)/private). I suggest
providing the way for those, who doesn't like default, to easily change it
without editing Makefile. It has the same trap - every now and then I forget
to edit Makefile of new samba version and get exactly the same problem as
described.