smbpasswd database is corrupt error

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Wed Nov 18 17:51:10 GMT 1998

Fortunately I was able to figure out the problem pretty quickly.  The log
file claims the password database is corrupt (which is really isn't) and
then says that user xxx can't be found in the unix passwd database, so I
was able to remove those users from the smbpasswd file and that fixed my
immediate problem.  I can live with it, I just wanted to make sure it was
logged as a problem.  Besides, if I didn't want to bleed, I wouldn't be
using the HEAD branch!  <hehe>  If it gets to crazy, I can get the beta1
code pulled down and installed pretty quickly.

Thanks for the response!

=== Tim

|  Tim Winders, CNE, MCSE     |  Email:  Tim.Winders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator      |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369        |
|  South Plains College       |  Fax:    806-897-4711               |
|  Levelland, TX  79336       |                                     |