NT4SP4 and samba PDC

thwartedefforts at wonky.org thwartedefforts at wonky.org
Fri Nov 13 16:22:36 GMT 1998

Someone earlier this week said he got SP4 working with samba, but it was
unknown if it worked with samba as a PDC.

I installed NT4 Server onto a clean box.  It was able to join the Samba
controlled domain no problem.  I then installed SP4 on this box and it
continued to operate, and is still operating, without trouble.

I also installed SP4 over SP3 on a NT4 Workstation, and it continued to
work perfectly with the Samba PDC after the necessary reboot.

Samba version is alpha14 + my auditing patch + my current 'restrict
anonymous' development patch.  The message earlier this week said the
%U expansion problems were fixed when SP4 was installed (thereby making
the need for restrict anonymous disappear), but I have been unable to
test this yet (will be over the weekend -- I've got a clean alpha16 to
test sp4 on ready to go).  I hope it's true that MS fixed this in SP4.

Andy.