?: RegConnectRegistry for UNIX

Rich Pettit richp at resolute.com
Mon Nov 9 22:46:10 GMT 1998

> > I also looked into the Wine code.  It appears to be a registry emulation
> > on Unix, not an implementation of remote registry access from non-windows
> > (The code I'm referring to is in misc/registry.c.  If I'm in the wrong
> > place, let me know.)
>
> that's what i found, i would be quite happy to contribute code to do
> remote registry access is if was under the GPL.
>
> > To further compound the problem, the registry key under NT that I'm
> > interested in is the largely undocumented HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA.  I've
> > written all of the code under NT that accesses this key and untangles
> > the data into a comprehensible form.  I'd like now to do this from Unix.
>
> did you get the uuencoded smb.tgz file i sent you?

Yes.  Although I received it from 'root at steeleye.iss.net' with no signature.
I scratched my head a little wondering who sent me this wonderful package. :-)

Being a tad green (ok a whole lot green) at using Samba I wasn't clear on
what command was run to yield the output shown.  If you could give me just
a little detailed help I'll try not ask silly questions.

BTW, I integrated the code into the alpha15 tree I downloaded.  Am I at
the right release level?

Rich