Mysterious Time Differences

Norbert Püschel Pueschel.Norbert at Walzbarren-VAW.ne.uunet.de
Thu Jul 16 08:20:39 GMT 1998

Hi !

I just detected that 18p8 seems to have mysterious problems with
file & print job times.

In my setup, files served from our file servers (Solaris 2.5 / 2.6,
18p8) are shown to be 1 hour older than they really are when viewed
on my Windows NT4SP3 Client. The same share accessed via smbclient
shows the correct time.

It gets even more weird:

Print job creation times show the correct hour and minute, but seem
to be one _day_ older than they really are !

I checked the printing sources but could not find any obvious mistakes.

Any ideas ?

Bye,
  N. Pueschel