socket length arg fix (SAMBA_2_0 branch)

Tim Rice tim at trr.metro.NET
Mon Dec 14 18:48:55 GMT 1998

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > This patch uses socklen_t which by default is typedefed int so this
> > patch will NOT break any other systems.
>
> typedef'd int != int != size_t You create exactly the same problem you try
> to solve (size_t most probably is already typedef'd to int). You have to
> #define it

On UnixWare size_t is thpedef'd uint_t which is typedef'd unsigned int.
No, int != size_t.
And socket length args are != int on some platforms.

This is the way we solve the differences in the HylaFAX package.
I works fine.

Have you even tried the patch?

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim at trr.metro.net