Problems with smbwrapper

Simon Hyde shyde at w963.sunion.warwick.ac.uk
Thu Dec 10 13:31:25 GMT 1998

I'm having problems trying to get smbwrapper to work with tar. I'm using
RedHat Linux 5.1 and have tried this with both samba-2.0.0beta2 and the
latest CVS code (as of yesterday) and with both I recieve the following
error message consistantly (of the same size for the same files):

tar: File /smb/iain/c$/home/shyde/BladeEnc/BladeEnc.html shrunk by 467
bytes, padding with zeros

cat produces the whole file, but tar seems to be chopping off the end

I've played around lots with things, but can't seem to get this working

Simon Hyde