rearangement done

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Aug 10 15:54:07 GMT 1998

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> I've finished the rearrangement and unlocked the tree. Everyone will

hooray!

> The new layout still isn't perfect. We still have lots of
> interdependencies between logically separate parts of of the tree. The
> most obvious are things like make_printerdef requiring to be linked
> with $(PASSDB_OBJ) and similar insanities. I'll try to remove the need
> for some of these things soon.

this will require splitting files that serve multiple purposes.

> Thanks to everyone who gave me input on the rearrangement. I'm sorry I
> couldn't meet everyones wishes but I hope that the end result is
> acceptable. Jeremy and I both really wanted to be able to match all
> source files with a simple "*/*.c" so that precluded the use of a deep
> directory structure.

it's not necessary to do a file match */*.[ch] on the dce/rpc code when
looking for functions.  if a function begins with srv_lsa_... it's going
to be in rpc_lib/server/lsa..

other than this, i like the new structure, and i am very pleased that the
illogical interdependencies has been noted.