socket options & read raw

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 7 07:30:18 GMT 1998

> solves several performance issues, obviously on all kinds of
> different platforms. I've then sent a couple of logs to Jeremy Allison,
> but didn't get a reply so far. Maybe they were completely useless...

More likely he is just very busy :)

We get thousands of emails to samba-bugs and can only deal with some
of them. Analysing performance logs takes a long time.

You will also find that the settings you have discovered are only the
best for some client/server combinations. In some cases setting
TCP_NODELAY actually makes performance much worse. The same goes for
"read raw=no".

      Cheers, Tridge