Major new ubiqx release

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Tue Apr 21 21:56:54 GMT 1998

You misunderstand...

Let's say, for example, that someone writes an interface that copies all
of the WINS entries into an LDAP server database.  Now, someone with
authority comes along and modifies an entry via LDAP.  Do we allow that
modification to be sent back to nmbd or not?

In the case of WINS, you might say "why would we ever", but if you think
about passwords or configurations, then it's more obvious.

So, as we design external hooks we need to think about data flow
directions and how to manage such stuff.

BTW, this is similar to the problem faced when designing Dynamic DNS.
What do you allow people to change from the outside, and how?  Curious.

Chris -)-----