Sidebar re autoconf

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Tue Apr 14 07:24:53 GMT 1998

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, David Collier-Brown wrote:

> I've attached an example of the (minor!) change I'd propose for the
> porting part of the makefile...
>
> I do ned to re-look at autoconf and friends, to see what they can
> detect and what they call it...

If you can wait until I get home tonight I will either post my current
diffs (against the main branch) or a URL to the list [which would people
prefer?]. We can probably work together on getting good autoconf support
into SAMBA quickly.

It is pretty complete -- well it works on my Linux libc5 system. I guess I
should try it out on some architectures to see where it falls over.

As Andrew says I couldn't work out which branch to do changes to, then I
noticed that most of BRANCH_NTDOM disappeared into the mainline anyway, so
that is what I continued to work on.

Anyway, I'll post later tonight.

Regards,
Anand.