Need help to write a new driver for a new wireless device (not yet in the market).

Sriharsha Vedurmudi svedurumudi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 10:53:22 GMT 2007

Friends,
 I am a novice in Wireless drivers (did some Ethernet based drivers
though). I have a new 802.11b/g chip (not publically available yet)
with its internal documentation and need help from the community to
write a driver for it in Linux.
 I am using an Linux port (kernel 2.6.19-2) on an ARM based SoC (with
WE version 21). To begin with I have implemented the basics and my
system now associates with open mode AP and WEP based AP. Now, I want
to test out its WPA-PSK functionality. Are the following ioctls
sufficient or do I need to implement more (apart from the basic ones)?
SIOCSIWMODE,
SIOCSIWGENIE,
SIOCSIWAUTH,
SIOCSIWESSID

Also, how do I use Wireless_Events (I am not able to find any proper
documentation for the same).
Apart from this, is there some documentation (like 'Linux Device
Drivers') that specifically tutors someone at writing a driver for a
wireless station?

Yours sincerely,
VSH.