Lookout, the list is cranking

Robert Hart - Air-Stream Wireless robert at air-stream.org
Fri Aug 31 01:53:15 GMT 2007

I'm not really the person who does the coding side of things, but we do
have two very clever guys who have been working on the Atheros AR5008
chipset drivers as these are what we started with, they are saying there
not far away thou.  The Intel 4965AGN chipset  looks very interesting
that Benjamin has suggested, specially as they are much cheaper cards ~
$65au.

I'm mostly a network user, than any kind of developer/coder, and I'm sad
to admit a latecomer to FOSS systems and this has happened mainly due to
my association with Air-Stream.

Most I'm happest with a soldering iron in my hand, I have an electronic
engineering background and I did run an electronic business in NSW for
10 years, but know its a hobby, as I'm in Management these days. So the
Air-Stream project is one of my outlets, and so I help build customizing
stuff eg PCB, waterproof systems, cases, PSUs, antennas, masts, etc.
But its good to have people with different skills, specially when
building a community wireless network.

If your in Adelaide we are participating in Software Freedom Day at
Mawson Lakes http://www.air-stream.org.au/sfd2007 and will have some
802.11n equipment running on the day and certainly some wireless
equipment running FreeBSD and OpenWRT.