Help!: PCMCIA to PCI Bridges on Linux

Rob Parker raparker at sprintmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:15:22 GMT 2005

Sorry to bother you, but I'm trying to get an Actiontec PC750 to run on
SuSE Linux  9.3, and I can't get the thing to write from user mode; it
only writes from root.  I've spent days working on this thing, and can't
get it to work.  You posted the following on
http://lists.samba.org/archive/wireless/2001-November/000540.html, and
so in desperation I'm writing to you in the hope that you can help.

>>I'm using the PC750 and it worked flawlessly under Linux 2.2 using an Lucent
Orinoco. Unless you need 2 slots you might as well get the single slot
Lucent card or another rear mounted card from the site above. The Actiontec
PC750 requires two IRQs (under Linux.) This may be fixed in more recent
tools but I had fun getting it to work originally until I got each
controller on their own unshared IRQs.<<

Thanks in advance....

Rob Parker